RailWorks Safety Coordinator in Dallas, Texas
REQUISITION NUMBER: 20181101-52504-002
HOME COMPANY: Track Systems - South
COMPANY LOCATION: Track Systems - Dallas-Fort Worth, TX
BUSINESS UNIT/DEPT: OPERATIONS
JOB LOCATION: Dallas, TX
Safety is core value at RailWorks. The Job Site Safety Coordinator is one of the company’s first lines for communications and training relating to our safety programs and for ensuring that the company fully complies with all respective local, state and federal regulations.
• Attend and participate in customer driven Safety Meetings
• Jobsite Audits conducted weekly
• Conduct Incident Investigations as requested for near-misses, injuries, motor and equipment crashes, and other safety related-occurrences.
• Input required documentation: 24 hour incident reports, investigation and audit reports in SharePoint system. Provide required documentation to customers as needed.
• Maintain and organize required medical testing documentation for jobsite.
• Assist and maintain customer compliance documentation.
• Manage and enforce company drug testing policies and assist in maintaining compliance with customer requirements
• Proficient in case management and what designates a recordable injury vs. first aid
• Report field findings, both positive and negative, to the Project Manager and Area HSE Manager.
• Assist field in performing hazard recognition and spearhead subsequent mitigation
• Lead by example in regard to safety and professional behavior
• Empowered with the authority to halt jobsite operations to alleviate any safety issues/hazards when necessary. This empowerment is with the commitment of the company CEO.
• Assist in maintaining and delivering proper PPE supplies to crews/offices.
• Give public presentations to customer, sub contractor and company
• Training of employees in classroom or individual settings. Coaching employees in less formal settings.
• Work to keep the company compliant with the various agencies and customers (OSHA, MSHA, FRA, industry, railroads)
• Be willing to acquire continued training and education
• Posses solid computer skills involving office type software such as spreadsheets, word documents, databases, internet, email, etc…)
• Have completed a safety certification course (COSS, etc.)
• Must possess the character and unquestionable integrity to represent the Company and provide credibility for all work, reports and analysis that is provided through the safety/risk department. Must be able to maintain confidentiality of protected/sensitive employee and company information. It is expected that the JSSC will dress in professional, business attire at all times that is reflective and appropriate for the respective site/office location visit.
• Must have the ability to grasp facts, processes, procedures in a changing environment very quickly; a quick learner.
• Works in a proactive manner, a self-starter who approaches his/her work with a sense of urgency. Ability to meet deadlines under pressure in short time frames. Ability to multi-task and thrive in an environment where numerous tasks and activities are occurring simultaneous
• Exercises good business judgment and common sense when making recommendations and in decision making.
Interface throughout RailWorks
The JSSC, while reporting directly to the Area HSE Manager of Track Systems Texas, will have a significant relationship and support responsibility with:
• Regional Manager
• Regional HSE Manager
• Corporate Director S,H & E
• Project Managers
• Field Supervisors
• Regional Controller
• Claims Manager
• Human Resources
• Will need to be able to work with, guide and direct company employees and shape their behavior in the work place
• Will help in defining / refining the company safety culture
• Must have good communication skills, both written and verbal
• Must have strong safety background with minimum of 6 months railroad related experience.
• Will be required to submit to background checks, drivers license check, and drug/alcohol and fit for duty screenings
• Will be required to obtain a company paid TWIC’s card, Basic Plus Training,
• Roadway Worker Protection Training and various Site Specific trainings necessary to get onto jobsite
• Must have a valid driver license with a good driving record.
• This position requires travelling involving overnight(s) stays.
• Sitting, standing, walking, driving and some lifting will be necessary.
• Work will be both indoors and outside in heat and cold
• Must be physically able to wear respiratory protection, climb ladders, squat, and work in tunnels, work at heights, and work outdoors in both hot and cold conditions and walk remote jobsites.
• This job is primarily an outdoor position.
?• May be exposed to loud noise
• Strong safety background with minimum 6 months railroad related experience
• Experience in a heavy labor environment preferred.
• Construction Industry experience preferred.
• More railroad construction Industry experience is a plus.
• 2 or 4 year college degree a plus.
• Must Travel 50% to 65%
This job description is not intended to represent a complete, comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities that may be required in this position. There may be unplanned activities and other duties as assigned. Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Females/ Veterans/Disabled).
Railworks Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities, Females, Veterans, Disabled)