RailWorks Project Manager in Hawthorne, California
REQUISITION NUMBER: 20180904-25001-001
HOME COMPANY: L K Comstock National Transit
COMPANY LOCATION: LKC National Transit
BUSINESS UNIT/DEPT: OPERATIONS
JOB LOCATION: Hawthorne, CA
L.K. Comstock National Transit is one of the United States’ largest specialty electrical contractors serving the transit industry. A subsidiary of RailWorks Corporation, the firm specializes in performing design support, engineering and installation, testing, start-up and maintenance services for heavy, commuter and light rail lines and automated people mover applications
We are seeking a Systems Project Manager to join our team in Hawthorne, CA. This person will be working on the Crenshaw/LAX transit project.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Full Profit and Loss responsibility for the assigned Project
Oversee the activities of all the direct report entities which includes Safety Manager/Engineer, Quality
Manager/Engineer, Construction Manager/Superintendent, Contract Manager, Accounts Controller.
- Ensure the effective management and coordination of the Engineering; Scheduling; Procurement;
Material Control, Construction and System Testing/Start Up.
- Establish and maintain a competent resource in each area/department listed above to meet the
requirements of the contract.
- Assist with the preparation, review and modification and ultimately take responsibility for the cost to
complete estimates established for each phase of the work.
- Ensure that the work undertaken is consistent with the related Quality Plan and other relevant
procedures and is conducted in a professional and efficient manner.
- Ensure that all work practices comply with legal and statutory obligations with particular regard to
health, safety and the affirmative action plan.
- Ensure that an effective business relationship is promoted with the Owner and all tiers of
Subcontractors and Suppliers.
- Maintain frequent dialogue with the Owners representative on all key issues which affect the project
including those which relate to the profitability of the project.
- Be the primary interface with the Owner and the only party with signature authority for all project
Represent the project at all related public functions.
Maintain effective discipline and good staff morale.
5 to 10 years of experience working on major transit projects
Electrical experience preferred
Experience with systems contracts, automatic train control, OCS, communications and traction power systems
Must have strong supervisory skills
This job description is not intended to represent a complete, comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities that may be required in this position. There may be unplanned activities and other duties as assigned.
Railworks Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities, Females, Veterans, Disabled)