RailWorks Accounting Assistant in Hayward, California
REQUISITION NUMBER: 20180927-34001-001
HOME COMPANY: HSQ Technology
COMPANY LOCATION: HSQ Technology - Hayward, CA
BUSINESS UNIT/DEPT: OPERATIONS
JOB LOCATION: Hayward, CA
The Accounting Assistant ensures that all office operations run smoothly, efficiently and according to company policies and procedures.
Primary/Essential Responsibilities and Duties
• Provides general administrative assistance to the office.
• Responsible for HR functions ensuring data integrity and confidentiality.
• Coordinates employee onboarding, drug-testing, terminations, time-off requests, etc.
• Reviews and submits payroll hours ensuring timeliness and accuracy.
• Ensures all invoices are obtained, accurately coded, and submitted timely to Shared Services AP.
• Reviews invoices and statements for accuracy and resolves discrepancies.
• Works with purchasing to resolve discrepancies between invoices and PO’s.
• Reviews unprocessed invoices and facilitates the resolution process.
• Works with purchasing to verify open PO’s and receipts for the month-end close.
• Responsible for pcard process; collecting and verifying receipts, submissions for entry/clearing and statement reconciliation.
• Responsible for making inventory transfer entries and reconciling balances at month-end.
• Provides support to operations and project management.
General/Other Responsibilities and Duties
• Assists with entering PO receipts into the system.
• Assists with Accounts Receivable process.
• Assists with entering employee expense reports.
• Assists with job setups, budgets, cost codes and other items.
• Handles internal and external requests for information in a timely manner.
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience related to construction accounting; particularly HR, PR & AP
• Experience working in ERP Systems. Knowledge of JDE, a plus.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office applications.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize competing demands/requests within given time constraints.
• Strong analysis and problem solving skills; detail-oriented.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to interact with employees and vendors in a professional manner.
• Ability to work in a high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
• Works in an office environment.
• Frequently sits for long periods of time.
• Frequently speaks, reads, writes and uses a computer keyboard.
• May require occasional standing, walking, lifting, stooping, or bending.
This job description is not intended to represent a complete, comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities that may be required in this position. There may be unplanned activities and other duties as assigned.
RailWorks is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Females/ Veterans/Disabled)
Railworks Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities, Females, Veterans, Disabled)