RailWorks Buyer in Hayward, California
REQUISITION NUMBER: 20180919-34001-001
HOME COMPANY: HSQ Technology
COMPANY LOCATION: HSQ Technology - Hayward, CA
BUSINESS UNIT/DEPT: OPERATIONS
JOB LOCATION: Hayward, CA
The Buyer will work closely with production and project management teams to ensure that all materials/services/equipment needed for projects and inventory are acquired according to company guidelines and are delivered on schedule.
Primary/Essential Responsibilities and Duties
• Responsible for ordering goods and services according to company guidelines.
• Serves as the liaison between suppliers and production and project management teams.
• Responds timely to purchase requests, understands all requirements; ensures requirements such as description, quantities, arrival dates, and shipment methods meet project requirements.
• Responsible for reading contract specifications, analyzing and interpreting technical procedures, researching governmental regulations and understanding how they impact the procurement process and items and services being ordered.
• Responsible for researching and evaluating suppliers and contractors according to reliability, price effectiveness, product quality and warranty consideration.
• Ensures that all materials are acquired at the lowest cost consistent with considerations of quality, reliability of source and urgency of need.
• Obtain RMA numbers from suppliers for incorrect, defective, and excess materials, as well as warranty services.
• Responsible for the timely and accurate entry of purchase orders into the system.
• Maintains project status reports and updates delivery schedules.
• Obtains delivery certifications and reviews materials received against orders placed.
• Enters delivery certification information into the system.
• Works with vendors and subcontractors to resolve complaints and issues.
General/Other Responsibilities and Duties
• Maintains logs and material specification sheets for inventoried materials.
• Prepares inventory transfer entries and assists with reconciling balances at month-end.
• Assists with verifying open PO’s and receipts for the month-end close.
• Assists with resolving discrepancies between invoices and PO’s.
• Maintains necessary records and files.
• Introduces new ideas to the procurement process.
• A minimum of 5 years purchasing experience in a construction-related industry.
• Working knowledge with communication equipment, electronic components and custom panel builds a plus.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
• Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize competing demands/requests within given time constraints.
• Ability to develop strong professional supplier relationships.
• Exceptional negotiating skills and communication skills.
• Experience working in ERP inventory Systems. Knowledge of JDE, a plus.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office applications.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
• Works in an office environment.
• Frequently sits for long periods of time.
• Will occasionally require use of hands to evaluate tactile properties of procured materials.
• Frequently speaks, reads, writes and uses a computer keyboard.
• May require occasional standing, walking, lifting, stooping, or bending.
This job description is not intended to represent a complete, comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities that may be required in this position. There may be unplanned activities and other duties as assigned.
RailWorks is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Females/ Veterans/Disabled)
Railworks Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities, Females, Veterans, Disabled)