RailWorks Buyer in Hayward, California
REQUISITION NUMBER: 20180919-34001-001
HOME COMPANY: HSQ Technology
COMPANY LOCATION: HSQ Technology - Hayward, CA
BUSINESS UNIT/DEPT: OPERATIONS
JOB LOCATION: Hayward, CA
The Buyer will work closely with production and project management teams to ensure that all materials/services/equipment needed for projects and inventory are acquired according to company guidelines and are delivered on schedule.
Primary/Essential Responsibilities and Duties
• Responsible for ordering goods and services according to company guidelines.
• Serves as the liaison between suppliers and production and project management teams.
• Responds timely to purchase requests, understands all requirements; ensures requirements such as description, quantities, arrival dates, and shipment methods meet project requirements.
• Responsible for reading contract specifications, analyzing and interpreting technical procedures, researching governmental regulations and understanding how they impact the procurement process and items and services being ordered.
• Responsible for researching and evaluating suppliers and contractors according to reliability, price effectiveness, product quality and warranty consideration.
• Ensures that all materials are acquired at the lowest cost consistent with considerations of quality, reliability of source and urgency of need.
• Obtain RMA numbers from suppliers for incorrect, defective, and excess materials, as well as warranty services.
• Responsible for the timely and accurate entry of purchase orders into the system.
• Maintains project status reports and updates delivery schedules.
• Obtains delivery certifications and reviews materials received against orders placed.
• Enters delivery certification information into the system.
• Works with vendors and subcontractors to resolve complaints and issues.
General/Other Responsibilities and Duties
• Maintains logs and material specification sheets for inventoried materials.
• Prepares inventory transfer entries and assists with reconciling balances at month-end.
• Assists with verifying open PO’s and receipts for the month-end close.
• Assists with resolving discrepancies between invoices and PO’s.
• Maintains necessary records and files.
• Introduces new ideas to the procurement process.
• A minimum of 5 years purchasing experience in a construction-related industry.
• Working knowledge with communication equipment, electronic components and custom panel builds a plus.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
• Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize competing demands/requests within given time constraints.
• Ability to develop strong professional supplier relationships.
• Exceptional negotiating skills and communication skills.
• Experience working in ERP inventory Systems. Knowledge of JDE, a plus.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office applications.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
• Works in an office environment.
• Frequently sits for long periods of time.
• Will occasionally require use of hands to evaluate tactile properties of procured materials.
• Frequently speaks, reads, writes and uses a computer keyboard.
• May require occasional standing, walking, lifting, stooping, or bending.
/This job description is not intended to represent a complete, comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities that may be required in this position. There may be unplanned activities and other duties as assigned./
RailWorks is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Females/ Veterans/Disabled)
Railworks Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities, Females, Veterans, Disabled)