RailWorks Senior Manager HRIS in New York, New York
Senior Manager HRIS
REQUISITION NUMBER: 20181218-90001-001
HOME COMPANY: RailWorks Corporate HQ
COMPANY LOCATION: RailWorks Corporate - New York, NY
BUSINESS UNIT/DEPT: HUMAN RESOURCES
JOB LOCATION: New York, NY
The Sr. Manager HRIS will be responsible for managing HRIS activities, security and privacy across all of RailWorks operations. The focus of this role will include responsibility for the integrity of all personal and HR data input into our various systems related to the Company’s HR functions which would include staffing, benefits administration, compensation, training, performance management and compliance. In conjunction with the RailWorks Corporate HR and IT teams, this position provides strategic, tactical and day–to-day support for HRIS initiatives. Primary responsibilities will include, but are not limited to: ensuring efficient integration of HRIS applications with other enabling functions and technologies; serving as a liaison between HR, Shared Services, IT, Payroll, Operations and Management throughout RailWorks; supporting HR data analytics, reports and metrics; and defining and executing the HR information systems and applications strategy in support of business objectives. The Sr. Manager HRIS will be responsible for ensuring that all HRIS systems provide the necessary security for all personal information and meet all HIPAA, ERISA and local, state, federal and provincial regulations.
The Sr. Manager HRIS will be a key member of the RailWorks HR organization. The interface of this role with IT will be significant in planning strategy and continuing to upgrade our systems and processes for day-to-day operations and strategic planning. This position will interact with Company business heads throughout the RailWorks operations as well as field administration in processing day-to-day operations and making changes to systems as required.
Primary/Essential Responsibilities and Duties
• Works with the SVP, Human Resources and the IT organization to develop corporate HRIS strategy and planning.
• Oversees the day to day management of RailWorks HRIS assuring data integrity for all information entered into the Company’s systems.
• Ensures the integrity and security of all data entered and maintained with HRIS and related systems.
• Oversees effective security access to personal data to mitigate institutional risk, maintains continuity of operations, and safeguards integrity.
• Ensures that all security related to HRIS and related systems protects employee personal data assuring that all mandates are met related to HIPAA, ERISA as well as local, state, federal and provincial regulations and laws.
• Ensures the integrity and security of data provided to benefits’ carriers and is timely and provided in the correct format. Will work with carriers to set-up new interfaces as required and identify root causes of issues with resolutions for these with the respective carrier (s).
• Working with benefits administration, will manage all data and relationships with the company’s various carriers ensuring proper coverage and eligibility for all employees as well as eligibility.
• Manages the data and processes for compensation/salary administration and all incentive/project bonus programs.
• Manages all compensation, benefits systems, talent and performance management modules and programs, assuring that all HRIS policies and procedures are properly followed and carried out.
• Leads compensation and benefits projects on data preparation and analysis for annual programs and various projects as required.
• Designs compensation and benefits services and strategies, makes recommendations, and prepares proposals for new and improved programs based on need and/or governmental changes.
• Promotes proactive approaches using HRIS to solve business needs/problems, enhances the understanding and acceptance of the HRIS capabilities by directing, researching and resolving HRIS problems, unexpected results or process flaws and recommends solutions or alternate methods to meet requirements.
• Works with the IT Department in the review, testing, and implementation of HRIS system upgrades and/or enhancements, including maintenance of system salary and benefits tables, to ensure that HR needs are addressed.
• Utilizes basic formats, designs and provides reports to HR and Company managers as requested and required for analyzing operations and various compliance needs.
• Works with the HR staff, advises managers and employees on resolution for specific problems relating to salaries, job classifications, job content and benefit program issues.
• Implements benefit programs, ranging from the initial stage of gathering information through program implementation and evaluation that are compliant with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
• IT Department
• Field Administration
• HR, Training, Learning & Development Department
• Senior Management
• Payroll Department
• Legal and Compliance Department
• Finance Department
• Benefits carriers and vendors
• Business Heads
• Outsourced benefits administration
• Benefits Analyst
• HRIS Analyst
Education and Experience
• A bachelor’s degree in a related field.
• Minimally 10 years’ Applications Systems support/development and/or consulting experience required.
• 5 years ERP specific and/or integrated systems experience (functional and/or technical) required.
• 2 years utilizing Success Factors and key modules (Employee Central, Performance, Goals, Recruiting and Recruiting)
Skills and Qualifications
• Experience with compliance requirements as they relate to HR, Benefits, Legal and Finance/Payroll functions are needed; knowledge of EEO and Affirmative Action reporting practices a plus.
• Expert in Microsoft Office Suite, integrated systems and HRIS. Experience with JD Edwards and Success Factors a plus.
• Knowledge of SQL either with Microsoft or Oracle
• Knowledge of applicable federal, state and provincial employment/labor regulations a plus.
• Knowledge of HR practices and principles required.
• Skills in writing concise, logical analytical reports to justify compensation and benefits recommendations and decisions required.
• Experience managing complex projects will be required.
• Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills at all levels required.
• Ability to handle multiple project tasks and threads at the tactical level required.
• Possess good problem solving skills.
• Team player and ability to work under pressure.
• Willingness to work very hard and be part of a major company-wide transformation.
• Experience migrating legacy systems to new platforms a plus.
• Ability to work with all levels of the organization.
• Travels 15% of the time, U.S. and Canada.
• Works in an office environment.
• Frequently sits for long periods of time.
• Frequently speaks, reads, writes and uses a computer keyboard.
• May require occasional standing, walking, lifting, stooping, or bending.
/This job description is not intended to represent a complete, comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities that may be required in this position. There may be unplanned activities and other duties as assigned./
RailWorks is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Females/ Veterans/Disabled)
Railworks Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities, Females, Veterans, Disabled)