RailWorks Electrical Superintendent (Night Shift) in Toronto, Ontario
Electrical Superintendent (Night Shift)
REQUISITION NUMBER: 20181004-72801-001
HOME COMPANY: PNR RailWorks USRC
COMPANY LOCATION: PNR RailWorks USRC
BUSINESS UNIT/DEPT: OPERATIONS
JOB LOCATION: Toronto, ON
Reporting to the Project Manager, the Electrical Superintendent provides onsite supervision of signals installation and maintenance staff and oversees all phases of project/work. Duties include organizing, planning, short term scheduling of the work, materials and equipment; supervises site activities of subcontractors; ensures that contract specifications are being followed, and that work is proceeding as planned.
Primary / Essential Responsibilities and Duties of the Electrical Superintendent:
• Reviews project plans and specifications with Project Manager. Receives general direction on jobsite logistics, organization, plant layout, equipment and manpower utilization from Project Manager.
• Generate short term work schedules (three week look ahead), materials requirements, equipment and manpower resources.
• Supervises total electrical construction and maintenance effort in the field to ensure work is in accordance with design, budget and schedule.
• Responsible for productivity of workers and subcontractors, efficient use of materials and equipment, operational and contractual performance of project; and ensures that cost control measures are being followed.
• Provides leadership and supervision to assigned staff, identifies goals and objectives, monitors and assesses performance, identifies training and development opportunities, provides ongoing coaching.
• Maintains a dedication to safety at all times by serving as a role model, providing education and enforcing safe work practices, Company policies and procedures. Ensures that proper safety equipment is available and used by all field personnel.
• Within designated authority, takes appropriate action to minimize the impact of deviations from budget and schedule.
• Escalates issues outside level of authority to Project Manager for resolution.
• Initially identify changes in scope and work methodology.
• Ensures all field personnel comply with project procedures, safety program requirements and work rules.
• Provides technical direction regarding installation methods and equipment.
• Establishes and maintains effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders and provides regular reports as necessary to ensure a clear understanding of project status.
• Completes and submits material requisitions forms to Project Manager for all field related project material.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Post Secondary education in a related field or equivalent education, training and experience.
• A minimum of five (5) years of electrical experience in a supervisory role, including a thorough knowledge of construction industry practices, methods and process.
Talents and Abilities:
• Working knowledge of basic project controls, material management, contract management, subcontract management.
• Strong management skills and ability to motivate employees.
• Effective communication and client relations skills.
• Ability to read and comprehend drawings and specifications.
• Valid and clean Drivers Licence.
• Ability to pass background checks including pre-employment drug screening.
• Availability to work nights/weekends as needed.
- Night Shift, Weekends, Over Time
This job description is not intended to represent a complete, comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities that may be required in this position. There may be unplanned activities and other duties as assigned.
PNR RailWorks is an equal employer committed to using hiring practices and providing a workplace environment that is inclusive and barrier free. If contacted throughout the selection process, please advise Human Resources in advance if you require accommodation for the interview process so you can be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received regarding accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Females/ Veterans/Disabled)
Railworks Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities, Females, Veterans, Disabled)