RailWorks Hi-Rail Geometry Operator in United States
Hi-Rail Geometry Operator
REQUISITION NUMBER: 20181012-60001-001
HOME COMPANY: RailWorks Maintenance of Way
COMPANY LOCATION: RailWorks MOW - Jacksonville, FL
BUSINESS UNIT/DEPT: OPERATIONS
JOB LOCATION: Multiple Locations- USA
This position is responsible for the operation of RailWorks Hi-Rail Geometry Vehicle. Operator is responsible to coordinate, schedule, and perform quality track geometry testing throughout North America. Position will require extensive travel. Position typically works 3 weeks on and 1 week off.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
• Safely operate hi-rail geometry vehicle on rail or road
• Perform high quality tack geometry inspections
• Practice all railroad and highway safety and operating procedures
• Communicate directly with Class 1 railroads, Shortline railroads, and transit agencies in professional manner
• Complete all necessary paperwork including but not limited to daily reports, maintenance reports, expense reports, timesheets, etc.
• Keep truck in good safe working order
• Operate equipment in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with regulations, policies and procedures
• Perform daily equipment safety and maintenance inspections
• High school diploma or GED
• A minimum of 2 years railroad experience (Track inspection experienced a plus)
• Computer skills (Microsoft Office applications)
• Valid driver’s license
• Organized and detail oriented
• Ability to carefully follow procedures and policies
• Effective written and oral communication skills
• Extensive travel
• Exposed to harsh weather conditions including very hot and very cold weather
• Moves or lifts objects up to 50 pounds
• Uses eye-hand-foot coordination
• Exposed to loud noises
• Frequently require to sit, stand, climb, walk, stooping, bending and handling of materials, equipment and tools.
This job description is not intended to represent a complete, comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities that may be required in this position. There may be unplanned activities and other duties as assigned.
Railworks Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities, Females, Veterans, Disabled)