RailWorks Project Manager - All Aboard Florida in West Palm Beach, Florida
Project Manager - All Aboard Florida
REQUISITION NUMBER: 20180924-27501-001
HOME COMPANY: RailWorks Signals & Communication
COMPANY LOCATION: RailWorks Signals & Comm - Jacksonville, FL
BUSINESS UNIT/DEPT: OPERATIONS
JOB LOCATION: West Palm Beach, FL
The Project Manager leads, directs, and exercises functional authority over all aspects of construction/maintenance projects including planning, organizing, budgeting, and cost reporting. Ensures that the goals and objectives of each project are accomplished on schedule and within budget, and that quality and safety standards are met. ects staff in successfully accomplishing goals and objectives.
Primary/Essential Responsibilities and Duties of the Project Manager:
• Reviews project tender proposals and plans to gain an understanding of the project requirements (time frame, budget, safety, quality, staffing, materials and equipment requirements) necessary to complete the project within the required time frame.
• Develops an execution work plan that outlines staffing, materials, equipment, subcontracting, and other services that are necessary to deliver the project on time and within budget.
• Responsible for ensuring start-up and project close-out and process and documentation.
• Acts as a resource in the estimation process to provide input on strategy and production rates.
• Collaborates with the Operations Manager to review work plans and staffing for each phase of the project to ensure that all projects are appropriately resourced.
• Organizes and conducts meetings with project staff and management to communicate information related to each function’s needs concerning project requirements.
• Leads all project activities to ensure that the project is executed in accordance with designs, budgets and schedules. Identify changes, conflicts and opportunities and implements the plan.
• Company representative for the project and point person for communication with consultant, client, owner or owner’s representative.
• Monitors and oversees the efficient use of materials and equipment and the contractual performance of the project; confers with project staff to ensure that assigned duties and responsibility are performed per agreed upon expectations.
• Monitors and oversees field operations, quality, productivity, progress, and safety of employees and subcontractors. Ensure Superintendent follows the work plan.
• Oversees financial aspects of contracts.
• Provides technical assistance and recommends construction methods and equipment.
• Monitors and enforces safety programs.
General/Other Responsibilities and Duties of the Project Manager
• Prepares written reports and/or updates (internal and external) for management, client, and project team, to ensure a clear understanding of project status.
• Trains, and manages performance of staff.
• Prepares and presents formal job update/status of project(s).
• Interface with regulatory authorities
• Undergraduate degree or diploma in a related field of study such as Electrical Engineering, Construction Management or Project Management.
• A minimum of 10 years recent related project management experience in a utility/heavy civil construction or maintenance environment, including a thorough knowledge of construction industry practices, methods, processes, and standards and their impact on project activities.
• Demonstrated experience applying knowledge of project controls (cost, schedule, change management, etc.), resource management, material management, contract management, subcontract management, safety, and quality.
• Track record of successfully planning and executing projects on schedule and within budget.
Talents and Abilities:
• Ability to apply, interpret and understand contract law and language
• Proficiency utilizing common business and construction applications such as Microsoft Office products, Hard Dollar, Explorer or JD Edwards software.
• Demonstrated leadership qualities and abilities; applies innovative and effective management techniques to maximize employee performance.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills.
• Strong client relations, influencing skills and organizational skills.
• Strategic thinking
• Problem solving and negotiation skills
• Decisive decision maker
Exposure to outdoor construction sites in all weather conditions.
• Work is in and around live track (trains).
• Work may be in urban, rural or isolated areas.
This job description is not intended to represent a complete, comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities that may be required in this position. There may be unplanned activities and other duties as assigned.
Railworks Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities, Females, Veterans, Disabled)